Melbourne-based Munro Partners takes its name from the Scottish term for a mountain over 3,000 feet. The Munros of Scotland present challenging conditions to hikers, with just over 4,000 people recorded as climbing all 282 peaks, a process known as ‘bagging’ all the Munros. The team chooses to align themselves with the Munros as they see investing as a process of climbing all mountains…while the perspective from one peak may give you one view, it is only once you have considered the view from other peaks that the whole picture becomes clear.
Munro Partners is a global investment manager with a core focus on growth equities.
Established in 2016 by an award-winning investment team with a 15-year proven track record of strong returns, the business is owned and controlled by its staff.
Via its proprietary investment process, Munro Partners invests alongside its clients to benefit from the key structural changes that occur in our world today.
The business is Australian domiciled, with its head office based in Melbourne.
Munro Partners at a glance
- Established by an experienced investment team with a 15-year+ proven track record of strong absolute returns and outperformance over multiple market cycles
- Targets structural growth winners – investing in some of the most innovative and fastest growing companies in the world today
- Offers an absolute return (long/short) global equity strategy via the Munro Global Growth Fund, also available via ASX: MAET
- Offers a relative return (long-only) global equity strategy via the Munro Concentrated Global Growth Fund
- Strong alignment between partners and investors
- Australian domiciled, with its head office in Melbourne
- $6.3 billion assets under management at 31 December 2021
- Winner of 2020 Best Long/Short Fund and 2018 winner of the Best Emerging Manager at The Australian Alternative Investment Awards
- Winner of the 2020 Best International Equities – Alternative Strategies at the Zenith Fund Awards and 2018 Money Management/Lonsec Fund Manager of the Year award, Emerging Manager category