Tanarra Credit Partners
A private credit specialist with a demonstrated ability to originate a diverse pool of unique, high quality investments across its broad professional network.
Tanarra Credit Partners (TCP) is the private credit vertical of the Tanarra Group and was established in 2017. It operates offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Wellington and Hong Kong.
Private credit is an asset class of privately negotiated loans and debt financing from non-bank lenders. It includes any debt or financing provided by private companies such as specialised credit managers, insurance and asset managers, superannuation funds and family offices.
It provides funding for companies where traditional bank lending may not be available; for example, where there are complex financial structures, for start-up or growth companies, or for sub-investment grade borrowers with large lending requirements. The asset class has experienced explosive growth and global private credit assets under management are now in excess of US$1 trillion.
TCP’s senior team has over 100 years of experience and an excellent record of originating and structuring leveraged finance transactions across the Asia Pacific region, through numerous credit cycles and across a broad range of industries. The team’s extensive direct self-origination capabilities is a key differentiator, with rigorous credit discipline and bottom-up analysis focused on capital preservation.
Tanarra is a diversified alternative asset investment firm founded by John Wylie AM, the former chief executive of Credit Suisse and Lazard in Australia, and co-founder of corporate advisory and investment firm Carnegie, Wylie & Company.
Tanarra’s other strategies include:
- Long Term Value – a private equity-style approach to investing in public companies
- Tanarra Restructuring Partners
- Private Equity
- Global Venture Capital
TCP at a glance
- Senior team has over 100 years’ experience working through multiple credit cycles across Asia-Pacific major private credit markets
- Extensive direct origination capabilities and multi-faceted deal-sourcing ability are key differentiators
- Rigorous credit discipline and bottom-up analysis focused on capital preservation
- Stable, regular cash income with superior downside protection
- Early mover advantage in Australia and New Zealand allows TCP to capture value from the growing supply-demand imbalance for credit and establish a market-leading position
- Assets under management of A$800m (at 30 September 2023)
- Tanarra manages A$3.2 billion (at 30 September 2023) across its five verticals