Payden & Rygel
40 years of inspiring confidence with an unwavering commitment to clients’ needs.
Founded in 1983, Payden & Rygel is a privately held corporation headquartered in Los Angeles. With more than 200 employees, the firm’s only source of revenue is from investment management.
A large independent asset manager, Payden is 100 percent owned by senior portfolio managers and executives involved in the day-to-day direction of the firm. The firm provides its clients with a high level of customisation and access to its resources.
The cornerstone of Payden’s investment philosophy is that active management of fixed income should focus on managing risk consistent with the spirit of the investment guidelines – Payden believes it should not provide its clients with surprises.
Payden’s team approach exploits the collective wisdom of a highly qualified group of professionals, many of whom have worked together for over 25 years. The team-based system encourages collaboration among all employees.
The firm’s active and accessible senior management remain integrally involved in client service and the day-to-day investment process, ensuring that they remain close to clients; those clients benefit from an independent outlook and internally developed best practice. Payden has a strong focus on building lasting relationships by providing an unparalleled level of service and problem solving.
To assure that Payden meets its fiduciary responsibilities as an investment adviser, it has in place policies and procedures to support its ESG and stewardship efforts.Payden & Rygel website
Payden & Rygel at a glance
- The company has been 100% privately owned since inception in 1983
- A broad offering of investment strategies and products, including equity and fixed income portfolios
- Has an international presence, with over 350 client relationships worldwide
- A fully resourced and flexible firm
- A$226 billion in assets under management for clients around the world (at 30 September 2023)
- Approximately A$15.3 billion PARI assets (at 30 September 2023)