Payden & Rygel
Payden & Rygel was founded in 1983 as a privately held corporation headquartered in Los Angeles. The firm today has over 200 employees and its only source of revenue is from the investment management industry. The firm is collaborative in nature and while it has offices in Europe and the east coast, it only has one governance and one financial centre.
The cornerstone of Payden’s investment philosophy is that active management of fixed income investments should focus on managing risk consistent with the spirit of the investment guidelines – Payden believes in providing its clients with no surprises.
The Payden Absolute Return Investment (PARI) investment strategy began with a simple client request to manage stable returns over time, regardless of how the overall market performs. The objective of the Payden Global Income Opportunities Fund is to provide a return +2.5% above the Bloomberg Aus Bond Bank Bill Index over time.
Payden & Rygel at a glance
- 100% of the company has been privately owned since inception 36 years ago
- A broad offering of investment strategies and products, including equity and fixed income portfolios
- Has an international presence, with over 350 client relationships worldwide
- A$175.7 billion in assets under management for clients around the world (at 30 September 2019)
- Approximately A$17.7 billion PARI assets (at 30 September 2019).